We believe that dogs who are used to a home enviroment should be cared for in the same style and with the routine they are used to.
- In and emergency or illness we will contact the owner or his/her nominated contact, and the provision of veterinary treatment will be provided by our veterinary surgery in Hampton unless specified otherwise.
- Owners undertake to declare any history of veterinary or behaviour problems that could reoccure while boarding and to draw attention to any potential problems, phobias (or vices!) their dogs may have. The more we know about your dog, the more settled we can make them.
- Vet bills are the responsibility of the owner but for conditions arising during boarding, they may be recoverable through the kennels insurance to a maximum of £1250 excluding any excess. Pre-existing conditions are excluded.
- We reserve the right to refuse admission to any dog showing signs of ill health.
- We have an excellent veterinary surgery close by that is available 24 hours a day if required.
- All the dogs that stay with us are fully insured, the cost of this is included in the price.
- If your dog is registered to a vet locally, we will take your dog to the vet of your choice, if required.
- Please check your vaccination certificate.
- The vaccination certificate must be up-to-date.
- You MUST bring it with you when checking in or we cannot accept your dog into the kennels.
Owners must have their dogs vaccinated against:
- Kennel Cough
- Canine ParvorirusPara influenza
- These are all part of the annual vaccinations
To keep ALL our guests safe we also request that all our guests have been:
- Had an effective flea and tick treatment
We want all our guests to have a safe, happy time here at Castle Kennels.
- Dog owners have, by law to ensure that whenever their dog goes out into a public place must wear a collar, with the contact details of the owner clearly marked. Even if your dog is chipped or tattooed, you are still required by law to provide your dog with a collar bearing the correct identification mark. This law is part of the Control of Dogs Order 1992. Failure to comply with this law can result in a fine. We will not walk dogs off our premises if they do not have a collar and tag. They will either be exercised on our land or in our secure exercise area.
- Large dogs that cannot be safely controlled on a lead will not be walked but will exercised in our secure exercise area. This is for the safety of the dog.
- We understand that circumstances change and you may need to cancel your booking. We ask that you give us a minimum of 48 hours notice if you can.
- If you do not notify us of a cancellation we reserve the right to invoice you.
- Any dog not collected after 14 days from the end of the original booking period will become the property of Castle Boarding Kennels unless agreement has been reached with the owner of their representative to extend the booking period. After this period the dog may, at our discretion, be re-homed. Boarding fees will be payable for the full period that the dog is in our care.
- In the event of owners returning before the end of the booking the full bill will be charged.
- Any cancellation not notified within 24 hours of commitment of the booking will be liable to payment of 50% of the total booking value.
- Any client failing to honour a booking without any notifications will be liable for payment in full.